It is very difficult, some weeks, to be thankful. Heck, some
minutes days are tough to get through.
But this week, was awesome. Sure it wasn’t perfect. Yet I have so much to be grateful. Trust me this list is in no particular order. Every single moment I am just in awe of the week that was.
10. I stopped by a friend’s house to do some PTA business. That was accomplished in under 5 minutes. Minute 6, Allie was in their pool. Minute 8, I had a Margarita in my hand. A routine night at home alone with the girls morphed into a lovely night at a friends house.
freeloading second niece was born! Thankfully the two nieces have two different names and birthdays.
8. We have a wedding this weekend. An adult only wedding, mind you. One that I already have a dress for, so I won’t have to go shopping (okay, David is the probably thankful for that one). I just hope I don’t laugh through it.
7. This virtual world of Blog, where connections are made and kept. I adore how we check in on one another, how we support, love, cry and laugh together. If only we could figure out a way to meet for happy hour.
6. The fact that it is only Tuesday and I have so much to be thankful.
5. Boo who told me she “woe helmet” and “had bike” at school. Translated into she rode on a tricycle at school. Okay, maybe she was pushed. But it happened and better than that, Boo TOLD me it happened!
4. And better yet, this video. Okay not of her on the bike (hey teachers reading this send me a picture!) but still wicked cool. Not only a sentence but look at the body awareness and motor planning!
3. That even when things don’t go as planned (and I love to plan) I have friends that show me the upside.
2. I am healthy. I spent some time last week with a woman who is suffering from Lupus. She has the most upbeat attitude. She may have Lupus, but Lupus does not have her. In addition, I learned that a young woman I am friends with just learned she has cancer. She has two young children, a supportive family and a great outlook. It is times like these when I know I am blessed to be in good health. I will try to not take it for granted as often as I do.
1. That Zachary is 30% to his goal of receiving security in the form of a Service Animal. If you haven’t had a chance to read his story please see it here. He was also in our local paper, so way to go Zach!
Oh and if you are keeping track with me: There are only 46 days left before Allie is back in school.