This week it is (again) easy to give THANKS. That is capital letter thanks, mind you. It’s been a very busy week let alone weekend.
10. My friend R answered my call, well text, this week. David was supposed to race with me this weekend. However he had some excuse called work. I have never raced alone so I asked R to go with me. And she did! We had a great day together.
9. “R” accomplished her goal of finishing a 5K in under 30 minutes! She wasn’t expecting to do it today. Woo Hoo I was so glad to see her smile as she crossed that finish line. ‘
8. After the race I convinced “R” to go to attended the
free after race celebration. We had a great hour just chatting.
7. The family was a plus 4 to another friend’s Halloween party invitation. It was a costume party and I am not quite sure who had more fun, the adults or the children.
6. We all wore costumes, even Boo. She was the child in PJ’s who should have been in bed. Also known as the one kid whose mother was smart enough not to attempt a costume that she would have to put into a car seat.
5. Boo showed everyone how to twerk.
(apologies, still haven’t figured out how to import videos from my phone. To see Boo twerking visit her Facebook page!)
4. We had a great time at Allie’s school Halloween celebration.
3. My mother-in-law watched the girls so R and I could do the 5k.
2. Crafty Auntie K did the pumpkin carving with Allie and Boo so I didn’t have to ruin another Halloween.
1. The true heroes of the world showed us the true meaning of bravery and what it means to ROAR. Thanks to the children, parents and staff of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital Medical Center in Lebanon, NH for making my week.
Now it’s your turn. Tell me what you are thankful for this week. After looking at those kids out rock Katy Perry I am sure you can think of just one thing this week to be thankful!