I think this is probably my favorite “hop” of the week. When Kristi, Joy and Lizzie remind me to look back at just this week and realize not only did we survive but it wasn’t as bad as it seemed.
Kind of like High School. No, wait, I just looked back and it still sucked. But it didn’t suck as bad as I thought!
So this week I am very thankful for
10. Air conditioning. I think my hair is more thankful than I am. But when the temperature goes from 60 to 80 with 95% humidity I am very thankful to be living in a first-world country.
9. That the first of two new nieces were born. The other one is still freeloading off her mother. I got to hold new niece H Thursday evening. Proving that I can still rock a gassy newborn and that I have no desire at all to have another one of my own.
8. Dana has finally realized that I was serious and Allie will be spending her teenage years with her.
7. My parents came up this week to celebrate the birth of H. I also think mom did it so she could spend her birthday up here with her grandkids. But H was a great excuse!
6. Boo is back in school! Enough said
5. Kate who gave me a great idea about a blog post. No I am not spoiling the surprise, just come back on Monday. Oh and she also made me rethink my Facebook activity. So she should be thanked twice!
4. Bailey who provides Boo with a soft place to land.
3. That we had a couple of days at a friend’s beach house. Sure it was torture for Boo. But there is nothing more relaxing than sitting on the porch and just watching the sun set over the water.
2. That Allie has had a fantastic week with her grandparents and pseudo-grandmother. All who have
spoiled her rotten entertained her this week while everyone else was at school or work.
And the final thing this week that I am thankful for…..(insert drumroll please)
1. There are only 54 days left until Allie is back in school!