Having survived the 2012 holiday season, I have determined new rules for Christmas 2013:
- The person who gives the gift must put the gift together. This includes, but is not limited to: horse stables, Barbie houses and the Euro-grow-with me chair. (By the way, the chair is the BEST GIFT EVER. Just a pain in the knees to put together.)
- If you are going to buy said gift that requires a degree in rocket science to put together and you are not available for assembly you must provide the wine.
- Nephews who come for Sunday brunch should say thank you. Not ask why there isn’t enough corned beef hash. (Because honestly, YUCK I didn’t think anyone would be eating it anyway).
- Nephews should not ask, while in the midst of cooking the brunch and then cleaning up for me to teach them how to drive a standard. And then be surprised when I say not today.
- If you are going to participate in our Yankee Swap, at least have the gift look like you spent $20. Do not give a candle that I know you spent $5 on.
- If you are going to give a gift to the girls that takes batteries and makes annoying noises do not be surprised when my husband calls your house, cell phone, office and plays the toy on it’s loudest setting for your pleasure. Especially when it is a piano that plays Linus & Lucy. Non-stop once Boo figured out how to hit the button.
- And do not be further suprised when he calls you at 2am. (yes, yes he did)
- And lastly, if you are going to give Allie a make-up kit with 72 shades of eye shadow do not be surprised at the revenge gift I am planning for next year!
What are your rules?