Diane at On the Border recently gifted me with the Semper Fidelis Award.
Thank you so much, Diane. It means a lot to receive notice from another blogger. Especially one who can tell stories much more eloquently than I ever could!
Of course, there are rules.
1. Add the award logo to my blog (done, it took some work, but it’s done)
2. Thank the blogger who nominated/gifted me and link back to their blog. Done but again, thanks Diane oh and go check her out at On the Border!
3. Nominate five bloggers whose loyalty and friendship you value and who you consider being part of your ‘wolf pack’.
4. Post something special for each one of your nominees and dedicate it to them such as a quote, picture, poem, saying etc….something you think pertains to that person.
5. Let your nominees know that they are nominated.
And drum roll, please…..
Semper Fidelis, in Latin, means “always faithful”. I count on the following ladies below who I not only faithfully read, but the ones I feel a connection. In addition, their blogs are what get me through the day. I can count on them for their honest opinions, support and friendship.
1. Kristi at Finding Ninee. Kristi is the first person who reached out on a personal level through the blogging world. She made me feel a part of this ‘wolf pack’. But not the type of wolf pack from the Hangover. I do not think she would leave me on top of the hotel roof. However I do think she would get me drunk and let me marry a stripper.
2. Joy at I can say Momma. Another compatriot in the world of an undiagnosed child. Where I feel frustration and snarky humor, Joy finds the beauty in every moment. What amazes me about my friendship with Joy is that when we take on a 5-minute challenge our brains usually have the same take on the word.
3. Dana @Kiss My List. When Allie is a teenager I am sending her to Dana’s house. Dana has the best stories. From kitchen remodeling to traveling to shopping. Oh and shoes. She did a whole vacation from the viewpoint of her shoes! More importantly she will never let Allie leave the house looking like a hooker.
4. Bron at Big Brother, Little Sister and the Baby. I want to be Bron when I mature. Notice I did NOT say grow up as I am a older than Bron. Where I make excuses of why I cannot do things, Bron lives life to the fullest. She doesn’t seem to fluster. She travels, does triathlons, is a mum to three great kids and still remembers to be a wife. Frankly I don’t know how she does it. Which is why I want to be her when I mature.
5. Rachel at Tao of Poop. Rachel is peace. Seriously, even her husband agrees. She is mom to Claire and it navigating the world of the two-year old. Not the easiest time when your child is still a baby but testing you in a bid for independence. Rachel sees the utter beauty in the moment. I tend to see the tantrums.
There are many, many more of you out there. But I had to limit the list to 5. Thanks, again, to Diane. Keep giving us your family stories, they are not only important they are inspiring!
I love you! Thank you for nominating me! xoxoxo
I was just about to send you a message. Love you back, obviously 🙂
It's so fun to see who bloggers I admire nominate. Then I get to read those. *Snicker*
Thank you so much, Kerri – I'm honored to be a part of your wolf pack, and the feeling is definitely mutual. And if I'm still standing when my daughter graduates high school, I'd be happy to teach Allie all about dressing respectfully 🙂
OMG I just spit coffee out all over my desk because of this: I do not think she would leave me on top of the hotel roof. However I do think she would get me drunk and let me marry a stripper.
Seriously, I am laughing OUT LOUD – as in if there were anybody here, they'd hear me which is so much more than an LOL.
Thank you so very much, dear friend for the award. I truly appreciate it and you and the for-real friendship that we share. Cheers to being in your wolfpack. Thank you.
Wow, what amazing company and lovely words, Kerri. I am blown-away, truly. You are an amazing woman, writer and mom. I'm jumping up and down (well, not literally, because then my writing would look like this 9KE;SLKJEKLJRE_) to be included. You have made my day!
Just in case you missed it: http://icansaymama.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-versatile-blogger-meets-semper.html
Thank you, once again!