Last weekend we created t-shirts for our upcoming Mudderella event next week. Yes, I did arts and crafts. I wanted to order them online, I was convinced this would be “fun”. At least no one was injured. Then came the puff paint. I shuddered. As I was instructed on the power of puff paint the fumes got to us and we wrote: PUFF POWER.
Abby told us the puff would give us what we needed to get through the obstacle course. Which led to the question: if you could have a superpower what would it be?
The problem with wishes is, like M&Ms, it is impossible to have just one. For example, I wouldn’t mind having a superpower. But I would want more than one superpower. I would want to be the Avengers, the Guardians, a Jedi and Princess Lea all in one rocking body with nice hair. I would want to be:
- Strong enough to open a jar of salsa without having to ask my husband
- Gentle enough to brush Bridget’s hair without her screaming throughout the entire process
- Flexible enough to survive Sasha’s Buti Yoga class without falling over and knocking the person next to me fall at the same time
- Smart enough to help Abby’s with her math homework without having to resort to YouTube videos
- Tall enough to reach the top shelf in the kitchen without having to use a stepladder
- Understanding enough that I would stop wanting to write: USE GOOGLE when someone posts a dumb question on Facebook
- Brave enough that when a bug ends up on me while trying to garden I don’t scream like a man who just opened up his wife’s purse and accidentally touched a tampon
- Hypersensitive hearing enough to hear my child enter the bedroom instead of having the crap scared out of me when I roll over and see them staring at me
- Crafty enough that when I walk by the left over puff paint and fabric markers I didn’t shudder in fear
- Kinetic enough to harness Bridget’s energy in order to keep up with my habit of over-commitment
- X-Ray Vision enough to realize before Monday morning that no one emptied the lunchboxes on Friday afternoon
- Endurance enough to get through a 5k without feeling like I had run a marathon
What would your superpower be?