Yesterday Boo came home from school with a form for me to complete for OT. It says it is to “have my input” as they develop new treatment plans. I know that it will eventually be on some IEP reevaluation form in the next meeting. So I had to answer the questions in a mature matter.
However, if I could have answered honestly….
- What are some of your child’s favorite activities? Least favorite?
- Well, she has been in school for about a year now, don’t you think you should know what she likes to do in therapy?
- Does your child participate in after school programs?
- Yes, after school Boo participates in 2 hours of secondary therapy at our local Pedi center. Does that count as an activity?
- What is your child’s normal morning routines?
- Well, Boo usually has a hazmat that I have to clean up. Then Boo throws her breakfast on the floor and laughs at me while I try to clean it up before the puppy gets to it. Then she screams and hits as I do her hair. But she loves brushing her teeth and gets upset when it is over. Then I move my kitchen chairs back into the kitchen and her bed back into her bedroom because as I am getting Allie ready for school Boo has redecorated. We then rush out the door 5 minutes late for school because the puppy gets into something.
- What are some of your child’s strengths and weaknesses?
- Strength–her right throwing arm
- Strength–moving furniture
- Weakness–Falling down stairs, but she gets that from me
- Does your child use a tablet?
- Hell, no. I cannot afford an IPAD!
- What motivates your child to learn?
- I have no idea, it changes on a daily basis
- What is something you would like your child to do at school this year?
- To keep her left shoe on